This memorial is made by the famous artist Armando. Is symbolises the trees which were cut in World War II and represents the horror of war.
The memorial commemorates Hendrik Nicolaas Werkman, artist and resistance fighter who was executed on 10 April 1945.
- Text: Bert Deelman
- Photos: Bert Deelman
- Nationaal Comité 4 en 5 mei
Address and contactinformation
- Heresingel 36
9711 EV Groningen
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque Football Club G.R.C.
- Memorial Stoeldraaierstraat Groningen
- Memorial Window Auditorium University Hall Window
- Dutch War Graves Esserveld Groningen
- Dutch War Graves Eshof Haren
- Graves Killed Civilians Northern Cemetery
- Stumbling Stones Waterhuizerweg 26
- Stumbling Stones Rijksstraatweg 190
- Stumbling Stone Poorthofseweg 26