Headquarters Jewish Council Amsterdam
This building was from 1941 to 1943 the headquarters of the Jewish council. The Jewish council started in February 1941. The President was Abraham Asscher. David Cohen represented the Jewish community in the Dutch and German authorities. The council carried out the measures that were promulgated by the Germans.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Paul & Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Nieuwe Keizersgracht 58
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Anne Frank Huis (Anne Frank House) Amsterdam
- Memorial and Museum Hollandsche Schouwburg Amsterdam
- Resistance-museum Amsterdam
Point of interest
- Jonas DaniŽl Meyer Square Amsterdam
- Dirk van Nimwegen Bridge Amsterdam
- Ernst Cahn and Alfred Kohn bridge Amsterdam