Radar Station RAF Wartling
(England - East Sussex - Wartling)
RAF Wartling was a CGI radar station, located near to RAF Pevensey Chain Home radar station. The station was operational from 1941 to 1950. This building that housed the number 1 IFF interorogator which would have housed the electronic equipment used by an adjacent aerial to recognise any identified objects.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Simon Carey
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial St. Mary Magdalene Church
- War Memorial Stone Cross
- Memorial the 9th Bn. The Royal Sussex Regiment
- Commonwealth War Graves St. John Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves All Saints Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves Hailsham Cemetery