Dutch War Grave Wijhe
(Netherlands, the - Overijssel - Wijhe)
At the municipal cemetery in Wijhe is one Dutch war grave:
This is the grave of:
Willy Polak, Fallen for the country, in Wijhe 06-02-1945, age 29.
Willy Polak was a arrested Jew from Amsterdam. He sat in a German truck which was attacked by an Allied plane, many people were killed of injured. Willy died of his wounds and was buried, against the rules, on this cemetery.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout & Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Memorial / Graves Disaster 07-05-1945 Wijhe
- Commonwealth War Graves Den Nul
- Commonwealth War Graves Wijhe
- Stumbling Stones Burgemeester van Heemstralaan 1
- Stumbling Stones Achterstraat 24
- Stumbling Stones Veldweg 17