Pillbox FW3/28A Abingdon
(England - Oxfordshire - Abingdon)
This casemate is of type FW3/28A. During World War II, these bunkers were used for the defense of the United Kingdom against a possible enemy invasion. They were built in 1940 and into 1941.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Bill Nicholls
Address and contactinformation
- Mill Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial Long Wittenham
- War Memorial St Barnabas Jericho Church
- War Memorial Arches Radley College
- Commonwealth War Graves Rose Hill Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves St Michael Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Laurence Churchyard