War Memorial Zuid-Willemsvaart
This memorial commemorates seven Dutch soldiers that were killed on this location. In defending the Gate Bridge in Veghel on the south side of South Willemsvaart, some Dutch troops were killed after fierce and solid defense on 11 May 1940. Some of them are buried in the cemetery of the parish in Zijtaart.
- Text: Guus Slenders & Paul Moerenhout
- Photos: Guus Slenders
Address and contactinformation
- Verlengde van de Sluishoek
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Benche to the Memory 101st Airborne Division Best
- Airborne Plaque St. Oedenrode
- Plaque Petrus Gerardus van der Lee