St. Martin's Church Tiel
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Tiel)
The St. Martin's church was badly damaged by shelling from across the river Waal during the Liberation.
After the war the church was restored and this was completed around 1964.
Behind in the church are three bells from the carillon.
These bells were in the Second World War so badly damaged that they are no longer used in the carillon.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Kerkplein 4
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque 1st Airborne Division Wijk bij Duurstede
- War Memorial Cemetery Zoelen
- Plaque Wijk bij Duurstede
- Dutch War Grave and Monument Beneden-Leeuwen
- Commonwealth War Graves Zoelen
- Graves Resistance Fighters Zoelen
- Stumbling Stones Plein 15
- Stumbling Stone J.D. van Leeuwenstraat 3
- Stumbling Stones Prinses Beatrixlaan 38