Remains Fliegerhorst Twente
There are still many remains like walls, concrete foundations, a bunker, and dozens of bomb craters, visivle from the Fliegerhorst Twente, the German airfield in World War II. Especially around the Knollerveldweg are many remains. British pictures from World War II shows that the Knollerveldweg was used as part of the Fliegerhorst. The whole area was called the North-west dispersal area by the Allies.
- Text: Coen Steenbeeke
- Photos: Coen Steenbeeke
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- War Memorial Enschede
- Memorial Killed British Soldiers Enschede
- The Dutch East Indies Memorial Enschede
- Dutch War Grave Deurningen
- Dutch War Graves R.C. Cemetery Enschede
- Commonwealth War Graves Oosterbegraafplaats