Former Hotel 'Tafelberg'
The Tafelberg in Oosterbeek is nowadays an almost new building. During Operation Market Garden in September 1944, it was used as a dressing station.
Hotel 'Tafelberg' served as housing for pensioned missionaries, but in September 1944 they had to make room for wounded Allied soldiers. After the war, American Fathers were set in the building, till the end of 1998. In that year, the building was partly demolished. Only the facade, hall and a granite floor remain of the pension 'De Tafelberg'. You still can find blood spatters from wounded Allied soldiers inside the building. There is also an embroidery of the 10th Battalion.
The building is not open to the public.
- Text: Teije Terhorst & Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- Pietersbergseweg 46
6862 AZ Oosterbeek
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Battle Marker 8 - Mackay's Position
- Plaque killed employees Van Gend & Loos
- Plaque Dorset Regiment Westerbouwing
- Commonwealth War Grave (Moscowa) Arnhem
- Commonwealth War Grave Renkum
- Mass Grave Civillian Casualties Oosterbeek