Memorial The Shadow Rotterdam
The monument "The Shadow" in Rotterdam is to commemorate the bombing of Rotterdam that was performed by German Heinkel HE-111 bombers on 14 May 1940.
The designer, Onno Poiesz, used concrete, which symbolizes the destruction of the city and the reconstruction.
The monument is located in front of the resistance museum.
- Text: Anneke Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Coolhaven 375
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Legermuseum Delft (Dutch Army Museum)
- War-Resistance Museum Rotterdam
- Marines Museum of the Royal Navy
- Resistance Memorial Westersingel Rotterdam
- 'The Forgotten Bombardment' Memorial
- War Memorial Barendrecht