Landing Zone L
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Arnhem)
LZ L is one of the landing zones that were used during the Battle of Anhem. It is situated just north of the railway line between Wolfheze and Oosterbeek. The National Sports Centre Papendal is now located on the western part of the former landing zone. On 10 september 1944 Horsa gliders carrying the transport and anti-tanks guns of the Polish Parachute Brigade landed here, while the 4th Parachute Brigade was fighting with the Germans
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque British and Polish Veterans 1944 Oosterbeek
- Airborne Memorial Wolfheze
- Battle Marker 3 - 156th Battalion
- Graves Resistance Fighters (Moscowa) Arnhem
- Commonwealth War Cemetery Arnhem Oosterbeek
- Polish War Graves Oosterbeek