Stützpunkt Scharnhorst III - bunker 2
(Netherlands, the - Zeeland - Lewedorp)
One of the two bunkers in Stützpunkt Scharnhorst III (Stützpunkt is a part of a fortification). On the A58 or from the secondary road from Lewedorp in the direction of Arnemuiden / Middelburg the stronghold can be spotted on the left hand side.
The bunkers have been built in the slope of the dyke in order to become strong and to be camouflaged and to avoid being spotted by fighter aircraft. They have been constructed with brickwork and concrete blocks. Most of the bunkers of stronghold Scharnhorst may be found on the side of Zuid-Beveland of the Sloedam. Amongst other purposes they were used to house troops and Flak guns (anti-aircraft).
- Text: Mia van den Berg
- Photos: Mia van den Berg
Address and contactinformation
- Zeedijk van de Jacobapolder
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque with Corpsemblems (RHC) Arnemuiden
- Memorial plaque 7th / 9th Battalion Royal Scots
- Munitionbunker 1 type MG 53 Kleverskerke
- Information Plaque for the Feathered Injun
- Monument Sloedam The Causeway for 52 Lowland Division
- Liberation Memorial Lewedorp