Memorial Killed Residents Psychiatric Institute (A)
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Wolfheze)
During the first day of the battle of Arnhem, many patients and staff of the psychiatric institute were killed. Mainly caused by the bomb raids prior to the airborne landings. On this memorial the names of 51 victims are inscribed. The memorial is in the cemetery.
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Airborne Memorial Ginkelse Heide
- Battle Marker 2 - 10th Battalion
- Airborne-shield 1st British Airborne Division
- Grave Alexander Lipmann-Kessel Oosterbeek
- Commonwealth War Graves Oosterbeek
- Mass Grave Civillian Casualties Oosterbeek