Polish War Grave Castricum
The Protestant Cemetery of Castricum contains one Polish war grave of the Second World War. The airman Mieczysław Glass was killed with four other crew members when their Wellington X bomber (serial number: HE 327) was shot down above the North Sea by a German night fighter on 22 June 1943. M. Glass was the only crew member who was found. The others are still listed as MIA.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Kaj Metz
Address and contactinformation
- Kerkpad 1
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Air War Museum Icarus et Mars 1940-1945
- Atlantikwall Weapons & Ammunition Museum
- Air War Museum Fortres Veldhuis
Point of interest
- Commonwealth War Graves Beverwijk
- Commonwealth War Graves Alkmaar
- Dutch War Graves St. Barbara Roman-Catholic Cemetery