Memorial First American War Cemetery in France
This memorial is standing on the spot where the first American war cemetey in France was established direct after the landing on 6 June 1944. The text on the memorial reads:
WORLD WAR II
"1st Infantry Division
29th Infantry Division
5th Engineer Special Brigade
6th Engineer Special Brigade"
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Flickr
Address and contactinformation
- 23-42 Boulevard de Cauvigny
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Plaque Liberation Colombières
- Traces of War War Memorial Trévières
- War Memorial Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Laurent-sur-Mer
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Commonwealth War Grave Colleville-sur-Mer