Memorial First American War Cemetery in France
This memorial is standing on the spot where the first American war cemetey in France was established direct after the landing on 6 June 1944. The text on the memorial reads:
WORLD WAR II
"1st Infantry Division
29th Infantry Division
5th Engineer Special Brigade
6th Engineer Special Brigade"
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Flickr
Address and contactinformation
- 23-42 Boulevard de Cauvigny
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- M4A4 Sherman Tank Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer
- Orientation Table Mulberry A Colleville-sur-Mer
- 5-Span bridge section - 507 A-B1
- Memorial 2nd Division Omaha Beach
- 6th Engineer Special Brigade Memorial
- Memorial Wounded Soldier Omaha Beach
- Commonwealth War Grave Sainte-Honorine-des-Pertes
- Commonwealth War Graves St. Laurent-sur-Mer
- Commonwealth War Grave Colleville-sur-Mer