Fort Dirks Admiraal (Marine Flakbatterie Dirks Admiral)
Fort Dirks Admiraal was originally built by the French between 1811 and 1813. The Dutch modernised it from 1880 to 1890. During the German occupation (1940-1945), it was transformed into an anti-aircraft battery, armed with four 10,5 cm S.K. C/32 gun pieces. The RAF launched several attacks on the fort.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Jim van der Mee
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Military Hospital Den Helder
- Marine Artillerie Waffenkommando Den Helder
- Dutch Torpedo Storage Bunker Den Helder