Plaque for Adriaan Groenleer
This plaque hangs on the wall of the synagogue in the courtyard of the prayer house and can only be seen at open days or by appointment for groups to visit the synagogue.
The prayer house is located behind the residential buildings and is reached through a vaulted corridor behind the door.
Text on the plaque:
19-8-1913 - 13-12-2003
The State of Israel granted
him and his parents, Cees and Lena
The Yad - Vashem award
"righteous among nations"
I will give them an everlasting name
which shall not be cut
In the dark years of occupation 1942 - 1944, the Groenleer family
opened their home for Jews in hiding, saving them from a
violent death. Their son, Adrian, took care of them under hazardous conditions.
- Text: Mia van den Berg
- Photos: Mia van den Berg
Address and contactinformation
- Herenstraat 14
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Small Museum the Veerse Gat
- Stützpunkt Leuchtenburg - Artillery observation bunker Type 143 Flushing
Point of interest
- Cable bunker in Stützpunkt Etzel - Middelburg
- Remains of World War Two in "De Manteling"
- Kabelschaltstelle Vrijburg
- War Memorial Abbey/Groenmarkt Middelburg
- Canadian Memorial Sloedam The Causeway
- Memorial Sloedam The Causeway
- Commonwealth War Graves Kamperland
- Graves Civilian Casualties Grijpskerke
- Dutch War Graves (Noorderbegraafplaats)