Landing Zone S
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Wolfheze)
Landing Zone S is the landing site of the British 1st Airlanding Brigade (Brigadier R. H. W. Hicks). The landings took place on September 17th and 18th 1944. The followings units were involved: 1st Border Regiment, 7th King's Own Scottish Borderers, 2nd South Staffords together with a platoon 9th Field Company RE and 181st Airlanding Field Ambulance.
More or less in the centre of LZ S, at the end of the Duitsekampweg, is the Reijerskamp Farm. It was here that David Lord VC crashed with the Dakota KG374 on September 19th.
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
6874 BW Wolfheze
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Betuws War Museum "The Island" 1944-1945
- Exposition Glider Collection Wolfheze
- Airborne Museum 'Hartenstein'
Point of interest
- Battle Marker 2 - 10th Battalion
- Memorial Stirling LJ928 and RAF service men
- Memorial Old Church Oosterbeek