Landing Zone S
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Wolfheze)
Landing Zone S is the landing site of the British 1st Airlanding Brigade (Brigadier R. H. W. Hicks). The landings took place on September 17th and 18th 1944. The followings units were involved: 1st Border Regiment, 7th King's Own Scottish Borderers, 2nd South Staffords together with a platoon 9th Field Company RE and 181st Airlanding Field Ambulance.
More or less in the centre of LZ S, at the end of the Duitsekampweg, is the Reijerskamp Farm. It was here that David Lord VC crashed with the Dakota KG374 on September 19th.
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Arjan Vrieze
Address and contactinformation
6874 BW Wolfheze
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Information Sign "Operation Market Garden" Oosterbeek
- M4 105mm Sherman Tank Ede
- Former Hotel & Memorial 'Tafelberg'
- Liberation Route Marker 41
- Memorial Stirling LJ928 and RAF service men
- Arnhem R.A.F. Aircrew Memorial
- Commonwealth War Grave Renkum
- Commonwealth War Graves Otterlo
- Grave Alexander Lipmann-Kessel Oosterbeek