War Memorial Shipdham
This memorial commemorates the residents of Shipdham who were killed or missing in World War I, and the men of the U.S.A.A.F. 8th Bomber Command of the airforce base nearby who were killed or missing in World War II.
Many of these memorials were erected after the First World War. After the Second World War, the names of those who died in that war were also added to the memorial.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Evelyn Simak
Address and contactinformation
- Church Close
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Remnants RAF Deopham Green and 452nd Bomb. Group Memorial
- Remnants RAF Shipdham and 44th Bomb. Group Memorial
- War Memorial St Andrew Church
- War Memorial St Peter Church
- War Memorial Cranworth, Letton and Southburgh