Collective Grave Civilian Casualties Breskens
(Netherlands, the - Zeeland - Breskens)
On Breskens General Cemetery is a mass grave with 225 casualties from the population of Breskens, who died during the battle of the Westerschelde from 11/09/1944 on.
There are also four Commonwealth war graves and a Dutch war grave in several places among the cemetery.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries (2) & Paul Moerenhout (1,3)
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Kabelschaltbrunnen Flushing
- Plaque in the Maritieme Institute "De Ruyter"
- Phoenix-caisson Dyke-hole Rammekens / Ritthem
- Marker No. 5 Canadian Liberation Route
- Marker No. 3 Canadian Liberation Route
- Monument Civilian Victims IJzendijke