American War Grave Loosdrecht
On the General Cemetery 'de Rading' in Loosdrecht, lies the grave of U.S. soldier Jasper Vandenbergh, born on 07.08.1916 in Albany, NY and killed on 16.12.1944 in St. Vith, Belgium (Ardennes Offensive). He was a soldier in the 801 Tank Destroyer Bn. He was initially buried in Henri-Chapelle American War Cemetery in Belgium. He was later transferred to this cemetery in Loosdrecht. This was at the request of his parents who both came from Loosdrecht.
Photo 3: Jasper Vandenbergh (left) and brother Jake (right) in 1942. Both landed in Normandy on D-Day (June 6, 1944). Jake survived the war and has received a Silver Star Medal.
- Text: Taco Hansma
- Photos: Taco Hansma
Address and contactinformation
- Rading 168
1231 KE Loosdrecht
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Dutch War Graves Noorderbegraafplaats Hilversum
- Dutch War Graves Westbroek
- Dutch War Graves Tienhoven
- Stumbling Stones Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 460
- Stumbling Stones Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 238
- Stumbling Stones Diependaalsedrift 16