Commonwealth War Graves (New Eastern Cemetery)
The Commonwealth war graves plot will be found in the south-eastern part of the New Eastern Cemetery in Amsterdam. There are over 300, 1939-1945 war casualties commemorated in this site. Nearly 50 of these are unidentified.
Click for more information on the overview at the bottom of the page.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Paul & Anneke Moerenhout (1,2,3,5) & Fedor de Vries (4)
Address and contactinformation
- Kruislaan, Watergraafsmeer
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Memorial and Museum Hollandsche Schouwburg Amsterdam
- Jewish Historical Museum
- Resistance-museum Amsterdam
Point of interest
- Memorial Police Headquarters Amsterdam
- Memorial for the Artists Resistance
- Plaque About Destruction of Amsterdam Registry Office
- Grave Lt.Vl. G.J.E. Scheepens Amsterdam
- Jewish Cemetery Diemen
- Dutch War Graves (Nieuwe Oosterbegraafplaats)
Amongst others, the following persons are buried here (Overview)
|Name||Date of death|
|Barrett, William John||June 23rd, 1940|
|Couser, Robert James||January 15th, 1941|
|Eldridge, John Gordon||May 24th, 1943|