Camp Cemetery Stalag III A
(Germany - Brandenburg - Luckenwalde)
Prisoner-of-war camp Stalag III A in Luckenwalde was built in 1939. Until the liberation in 1945, more than 5000 prisoners died. Most prisoners were Soviet soldiers, but there were also soldiers from America, Belgium, Great-Britain, France, Italy and several other countries.
After the war, many casulties were repatriated to their homeland. The Russian graves remained. Nothing remains of the camp, the last baracks were demolished in 2012.
- Text: Fedor de Vries & John Coelingh
- Foto1: Wikimedia Commons
- Foto2: John Coelingh
- Foto3: John Coelingh
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- German War Graves Hennickendorf
- German War Graves Woltersdorf
- Russian War Cemetery Am Dammtor (Jüterbog)