Plaque Raid Beverwijk
Text on the plaque:
'On 16 april 1944, 486 young men from here were taken away by the occupiers and many of them never returned. "[/ i]
The plaque is placed in memory of the young men from Beverwijk who had to work for the Nazis in Germany.
The plaque was placed in 1969 and since 2005 an extra list of 65 young men who never returned is attached. This list will be further expanded.
- Text: Pieter Schlebaum
- Photos: Pieter Schlebaum
Address and contactinformation
1948 LB Beverwijk
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Air War Museum Icarus et Mars 1940-1945
- Corrie ten Boom House
- Atlantikwall Weapons & Ammunition Museum
Point of interest
- Memorial Killed Railway Employees
- Plaque Deported Jewish Haarlem
- Plaque IJmuiden Sea and Habourmuseum
- Commonwealth War Graves Castricum
- Commonwealth War Graves Driehuis
- Dutch War Grave R.K. Cemetery Castricum