Grave Civilian Casualties Deest
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Deest)
On the Roman Catholic Cemetery Parochie Maria onbevlekt ontvangen in Deest is a plot with graves of civilian victims who died on February 8th 1945. On February 8th Deest was hit by a German V1 flying bomb. The bomb hit on a farm on the corner of Grotestraat - Wethouder Breunsstraat. This impact killed 10 people, including three British soldiers.
There is also a grave of a civilian victim who was killed on November 3th 1944.
The inhabitants of Deest who died during the Second World War are commemorated on the war memorial in Deest. [Url = "http://www.ww2museums.com/artikel/13288/Oorlogsmonument-Deest.htm"] Click here [/ url] to go to the article of the war memorial in Deest.
- Text: Paul Moerenhout
- Photos: Anneke Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Betuws War Museum "The Island" 1944-1945
- Maas and Waal Museum 1939-1945
- The Liberation Hall Wageningen
Point of interest
- Crash Location C-47 42-100896
- Generaal Foulkesweg Wageningen
- Hotel De Wereld (Hotel the World) Wageningen