Plaque Execution Boys
(Germany - Nordrhein-Westfalen - Aachen)
On 13 september 1944, two boys of 14 years old, Johann Herren and Karl Schwartz, were executed on this location after a short trial. They were arrested for plunder after the population of Aachen was forcely evacuated.
The plaque is part of the project “Wege Gegen Das Vergessen” (Ways Against Forgetting).
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Fedor de Vries
Address and contactinformation
- Saarstraße 14
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Graves Civilian Casualties Bombardments (Waldfriedhof)
- Dutch War Graves R.C. Cemetery Vaals
- German War Graves Horbach
- Stumbling Stones Augustastraße 37
- Stumbling Stone Pluijmakersstraat 1
- Stumbling Stones Hoofdstraat 34