TracesOfWar.com

Log in

O'Hara's Battery (Gibraltar)

(Gibraltar - Gibraltar)

This coastal battery is constructed on the highest point of the Rock of Gibraltar, which makes it one of the most impressive sights of Gibraltar. The first 6" (152.4mm) gun was mounted in 1890, but it was replaced in 1901 by two 9.2" (152.4mm) guns. The battery was also operational during the Second World War.

The battery today:
O'Hara's Battery is recently opened as visitors attraction. The cost of entry to the site is 3.50 per adult. Children 12 years old and under may enter for free when accompanied by an adult. Visitors must also be in possession of an entry ticket to the Upper Rock Nature Reserve.

Source

Address and contactinformation

Address:
Ohara's Rd
Gibraltar
WWII grade:
80%
Rating:
40%

Where is it?

 

Saved sites (Overview)

Visitor reactions

Options

Reactions

Double Motion DVD box Apocalypse WW1