O'Hara's Battery (Gibraltar)
This coastal battery is constructed on the highest point of the Rock of Gibraltar, which makes it one of the most impressive sights of Gibraltar. The first 6" (152.4mm) gun was mounted in 1890, but it was replaced in 1901 by two 9.2" (152.4mm) guns. The battery was also operational during the Second World War.
The battery today:
O'Hara's Battery is recently opened as visitors attraction. The cost of entry to the site is £3.50 per adult. Children 12 years old and under may enter for free when accompanied by an adult. Visitors must also be in possession of an entry ticket to the Upper Rock Nature Reserve.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Clare Wilkinson
Address and contactinformation
- Ohara's Rd
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- British Air Raid Shelter Gibraltar
- Former Military Hospital Gibraltar
- Winston Churchill Aveneu Gibraltar
- French War Graves Gibraltar
- Commonwealth Memorial to the Missing Gibraltar
- Commonwealth War Graves Gibraltar