Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
- Diorama Museum "Storming the Sapun Mountain"
Point of interest
- Bullet Impacts Crimean War Memorial
- Bullet Impacts "Kambala" Memorial
- Reconstruction German Defence Sapun
- Memorial Stone 7th Naval Infantry Brigade
- Black Sea Fleet Aviators Memorial
- Holocaust Memorial Sevastopol
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Fruktove
- Russian War Cemetery 315th Rifle "Red Banner" Division
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Coastal Battery 30 "Maxim Gorky-I" (A)