Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
- Diorama Museum "Storming the Sapun Mountain"
Point of interest
- Memorial Defenders Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Victory Memorial Sevastopol
- Memorial Black Sea Fleet
- Cemetery of Honour Sevastopol
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Coastal Battery 30 "Maxim Gorky-I" (A)
- Russian War Cemetery Sevastopol