Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
- Museum of the Black Sea Fleet
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
Point of interest
- Reconstruction German Defence Sapun
- Bullet Impacts Crimean War Memorial
- Bullet Impacts "Kambala" Memorial
- Memorial Paratrooper A. Onoshko
- Memorial 77th Infantry Division Sapun
- Monument Sector III Sevastopol Defence Region
- Russian War Cemetery Shchytova
- Russian War Graves Orthodox Cemetery
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Dal'nie