Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Diorama Museum "Storming the Sapun Mountain"
- Museum of the Black Sea Fleet
Point of interest
- Sector Sevastopol - Amunition Bunker No.2
- Bullet Impacts "Kambala" Memorial
- Reconstruction German Defence Sapun
- Submarine Black Sea Fleet Memorial
- Memorial Construction Fortifications Sevastopol
- Holocaust Memorial Sevastopol
- Russian War Cemetery Orlivka
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Fort "Constantine"
- Russian War Cemetery Sevastopol