Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Museum of the Black Sea Fleet
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
Point of interest
- Bullet Impacts Crimean War Memorial
- Bullet Impacts on Grave Kalamita
- Reconstruction German Defence Sapun
- Russian War Cemetery & Memorial 365th AA Battery
- Russian War Grave Coastal Battery 14
- Mass grave Russian Soldiers & Memorial 2nd Guards Army