Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Diorama Museum "Storming the Sapun Mountain"
- Museum of the Black Sea Fleet
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
Point of interest
- Memorial Stone 7th Naval Infantry Brigade
- Memorial 79th Indenpendant Marine Brigade
- Holocaust Memorial Sevastopol
- Russian War Grave Kalamita
- Russian War Cemetery 315th Rifle "Red Banner" Division
- Russian War Cemetery Shchytova