Sector Sevastopol - Fort "Tscheka" (B-2)
(Ukraine - Sevastopol City - Sevastopol)
Fort "Tscheka" was an important stronghold of the fortified sector Sevastopol and was armed with four field guns. These guns were protected by two concrete casemates that were connected by an underground tunnel system. "Tscheka" was taken by the German 24th Infantery Division on 17 June 1942, at 0700hrs.
The fort today:
It is currently abandoned and for the most part turned into a ruin.
- Text: Kaj Metz
- Photos: Wikimapia.org
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Home of the Underground Movement Sevastopol 1942-1944
- Sector Sevastopol - Coastal Battery No.30 "Maxim Gorky I"
- Diorama Museum "Storming the Sapun Mountain"
Point of interest
- Memorial Stone 7th Naval Infantry Brigade
- Sector Sevastopol - Memorial Casemate (No. 15)
- Memorial Coastal Battery 114
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Fruktove
- Russian War Cemetery Orlivka
- Mass Grave Russian Soldiers Dal'nie