Former Canadian Command Post
Hotel Baars was during the Second World War a command post of the Canadians.
Dutch text on the plaque (translated to English):
On April 18th 1945 Harderwijk was in close collaboration with local
Members of the Dutch Forces liberated by
Canadians and tanks of the regiment
LORD STRATHCONA'S HORSE (ROYAL CANADIANS)
part of the 5th (Canadian) Armoured Brigade
The command post of the brigade was located in the hotel restaurant
- Text: Paul Moerenhout
- Photos: Paul Moerenhout
Address and contactinformation
- Smeepoortstraat 52
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Foundation German Würzburg-Riese Radar
- German Fortified Shelter Firing Range Horst (A2)
- Former Synagogue with Plaque