Fence of Stretcherbeds
(UK: England - Greater London - London)
This fence is made of gereclycled stretcherbeds from air raid shelters. During the Second World War, people were able to sleep in the shelters.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Flickr
Address and contactinformation
- Atkins Road
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Inns of Court and City Yeomanry Museum
- London Irish Rifles Museum
- Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum
Point of interest
- Bomb Damage St. Clement Danes Church
- Bomb Damage Rockefeller Building
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Clapham Common (North)
- Commonwealth War Graves St Laurence Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves Lambeth Cemetery
- Commonwealth War Graves Bandon Hill Cemetery