War Memorial Hackney, Stoke Newington and Shoreditch
(UK: England - Greater London - London)
This memorial commemorates the employees of the Metropolitan Boroughs of Hackney, Stoke Newington and Shoreditch who gave their lives for their country in World War I and World War II.
Many of these memorials were erected after the First World War. After the Second World War, the names of those who died in that war were also added to the memorial.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Flickr
Address and contactinformation
- Reading Lane
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Royal Air Forces Escaping Society Plaque
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Camden Town (South)
- Deep Level Air Raid Shelter Clapham South (North)
- Mass Grave Civilian Casualties Shoreditch
- Commonwealth War Grave St Peter and St Paul Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves Camberwell