War Memorial Oudenbosch
The monument consists of a female figure with a pigeon in its right hand.
And it has been placed on a pedestal with the following text :
30 October 1944
This has been placed below the coat of arms of Oudenbosch.
On both sides of the monument there are plaques on a support.
The plaque to the left is to the soldiers sent to Dutch – Indies and lost their lives in the years 1945 to 1950.
On the plaque to the right the following text can be read:
In remembrance of
the valiant Timberwolves
104th Infantry Division U.S.A.
Who fought and died
for our freedom
‘Battle of the dykes’
23 October – 8 November 1944
Nothing in hell can stop the Timberwolves
- Text: Mia van den Berg
- Photos: foto 1 - Paul Moerenhout, foto's 2 - 3 en 4 - Mia van den Berg
Address and contactinformation
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- H. Heart of Jesus Church & St. Clemens Chapel Bosschenhoofd
- Former Powder Magazine Bastion Utrecht Willemstad
- Bombshelter Bartholomeus Church Zevenbergen
- Memorial Dutch Soldiers Roman Catholic Cemetery Roosendaal
- Memorial Reconstruction 1940 Willemstad
- Dutch-Indies Memorial Oud Gastel
- Graves Civilian Casualties Sint Willebrord
- Mass Grave Civilian Casualties Standdaarbuiten
- Municipal Cemetery Klundert