Evacuation 1944 Memorial
(Netherlands, the - Guelders - Arnhem)
This memorial commemorates the evacuation of Arnhem in 1944 after operation Market Garden. It was presented by ex-evacuees who stayed in the museum from September 1944 till January 1945 during the 40th anniversary in 1984.
The memorial is located on the terrain of the museum.
- Text: Marcel Jans
- Photos: Tessa de Jong
Address and contactinformation
- Schelmseweg 89
6816 SJ Arnhem
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
Point of interest
- Battle Marker 7 - 1st & 3nd Para Furthest
- Arnhem R.A.F. Aircrew Memorial
- Memorial Soldier with Flower Girl
- Graves Members of the Resistance Rheden
- Polish War Graves (Moscowa) Arnhem
- Commonwealth War Graves Rheden