Chislehurt Caves is a cave complex, which amongst others is used in the Second World War as air raid shelter.
Nowadays Chislehurt Caves is a museum and it can be visited. A hospital, a chapel and several other artefacts date from the Second World War.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Flickr
Address and contactinformation
- Old Hill
- (020) 8467 3264
- (020) 8295 0407
- WWII grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Firepower! Royal Artillery Museum
- RAF Station Biggin Hill St Georges Chapel of remembrance
- National Maritime Museum
Point of interest
- Air Raid Shelter Biggin Hill Airport
- Bom Damage Wall Lee High Road
- Sign Air Raid Shelter Lee High Road
- War Memorial Minoco Wharf
- Plaque Killed Firemen Beckenham Fire Station
- Memorial Civilian Casualties Woolwich
- Commonwealth War Grave St Mary R.C. Churchyard
- Commonwealth War Graves Grove Park
- Commonwealth War Graves St Paulinus Churchyard