Memorial 'To the War Pigeon'
(Belgium - Flemish-Brabant - Brussel)
This memorial in Brussels is in honour of the carrier pigeons in the First World War, which were used to convey messages. In addition, also the fanciers who died in the First World War were commemorated.
- Text: Fedor de Vries
- Photos: Tijl Vereenooghe (www.erf-goed.be)
Address and contactinformation
- Rue Locquenghien
- WWI grade:
Where is it?
Sorry, no map found.
- Royal Army and Military History Museum
- Nationaal Museum van de Weerstand (National Museum of the Resistance)
Point of interest
- War Memorial Institut Saint-Stanislas
- Monument for killed railway employees
- Memorial Political Prisoners Brussel